Friday, February 17, 2012

DIY HEADBAND

Hello everyone!!!

When I was cleaning my drawers the other day, I found a lot of junk , from broken necklaces, earrings, and other stuff. So I decided that I don't want to throw them away, because  some of them are very cute.
So I collected everything and   I made some nice headbands.  I've been doing this before and instead of spending 15 dollars on a fancy headband I spend a  dollar or two. Here is a step by step tutorial so you can do this by your self , for you or maybe as a gift...

Just buy simple headbands from the dollar store , any size, any color, whatever you want it doesn't mater.

I chose a thin black plastic one. Start twisting the satin ribbon round the headband and use super glue to secure it. I recommend you don't put the glue at once through the whole headband , because it will dry out. Line little parts with glue and twist, and make sure the ends are not sticking out.

After the whole ribbon is super glued on the headband, look through your broken pieces of jewelry, studs, e.t.c. and pick one that you would like to decor the  headband with. I picked this broken earring. To attach the jewelry on the band, you will need a silicone gun , because it is much more durable than super glue. Measure first where you would like to put it and then put silicone on the jewelry  and hold it in place for a few seconds.

 And there you have it , your own creation, a headband that is unique and no one has it. Of course you can add other stuff if you want, but I like my headbands to be simple and elegant .If you are using feathers or other decoration you can easily conceal the ends with ribbon.

  And this next photo is an old headband that I still wear and love. And is made out of an old t-shirt.


  
Hope you all liked this, and found it helpful 
Thank you 
And if you still haven't entered my giveaway enter HERE

21 comments:

  1. Diy Headbands, great idea!!!
    Thanks for sharing, I will most certainly create my own =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. You're really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you made that last hairband out of an old tshirt! It looks soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks really great!
    Love, Milena

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that looks amazing!
    I am so un-creative i could never pull something like this off. This honestly looks like something you'd pay a small fortune for in Accessorize! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative girl!
    Simply loving it, it's gorgeous!
    Following you right away:-)

    visit: http://pen-twister.blogspot.in/ (share the love)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea for handmade :D
    followed you already, Would you like to follow back? :)

    xoxo,
    http://mynameislidya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Nice DIY :)

    I invite you to
    http://fashion-whoknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the outcome! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great DIY =)


    Neat post and love your blog... would you like to follow each other!

    @MyLyfeMyStory

    My Lyfe ; My Story


    ReplyDelete
  11. thats really a great idea!check out and my blog and tell me what you think about the latest trends i love :)
    http://fashionhunter4u.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous idea - I love it! The end result is so fabulous!

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I'm looking forward to reading more on your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for follow me and I am following you back in return
    @MyLyfeMyStory

    My Lyfe ; My Story


    ReplyDelete
  14. great DIY, i must try it! (:

    xo
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You make it look so easy! :) I am surely gonna try this! :)
    BTW, I am your newest follower sweetie :D :)
    Visit mine sometime :)
    Love,
    Namita <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. i wish i have the creativity and patience to do this. My hands are not made for crafts and DIY stuff

    btw your blog rocks! Hope you come check mine out too if you have time and if you like it, maybe follow me back too? I would appreciate it heaps :) x


    http://makemeuppink25.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, nice DIY. thanks for share this. I love DIY. :)

    And ah ya, I just started my scrapbook business, dear.. Take a look the catalog on my blog and order it if you're interested. :)

    xoxo
    kelimutu

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love headbands but has never thought of making my own. Thanks for the inspiration. Visiting from A bowl full of lemons.

    ReplyDelete