Friday, December 23, 2011

WINTER DRY SKIN

       Winter is not my favorite time of the year, and that is mainly because of two reasons- frizzy hair and dry skin. The frizzy hair I can handle, but the dry skin is just not something that you can ignore. Dry skin can be dull , red or flaky,and the worst part is the itchiness. Dry skin is a very common problem, that's why I decided to write this post and help other people that don't know how to handle this problem. 
Dermatologists say that the most common cause of dry skin is the dry air in winter. What I used to do was stay under hot water  for a long time and use a lot of exfoliating products thinking that that would help me get rid of the flakiness, and right after that I would apply moisturizer on dry skin. But instead of getting better my skin got worse -over washing your skin can wash away the natural oils that protect your skin, and moisturizer should always be applied on damp skin. And you don't have to spend a lot of money on expensive body lotion, I'm using Neutrogena body lotion and it works perfectly for me. I really recommend it. And to end this story  with the most important thing and that is that you mustn't forget to drink a lot of water throughout the day so your skin stays moisturized and healthy looking . 
 
I hope you'll find this useful. If you have any questions or requests please let me know.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment